Key Points
- Graham Manser, a 39-year-old father of two, was jailed for two years and eight months in March 2024 for sending sexual messages to a 13-year-old girl.
- He was confronted by paedophile hunters at his family home in Bromley prior to his initial sentencing.
- After release from prison, Manser, now residing in Sydenham Road, Croydon, was found in possession of an undeclared mobile phone.
- Police discovered he had been messaging a person under the age of 16 on TikTok, breaching his sexual harm prevention order.
- On Monday, February 2, 2026, at Bromley Magistrates’ Court, Manser pleaded guilty to two breaches of the sexual harm prevention order.
- District Judge Smith remanded Manser in custody pending sentencing at Croydon Crown Court.
- In the original 2024 case, Manser messaged a fictitious 13-year-old girl on TikTok in October 2023, responding to her age disclosure with: “I bet you look cute.”
- He escalated to grooming messages, made the conversation sexual, and requested videos of her committing a sex act.
- Upon arrest at his Bromley home, Manser admitted messaging someone who claimed to be 13 but told police: “I thought she was lying and that she could have been 18.”
- Manser pleaded guilty to two counts of attempting to incite a child to engage in sexual activity and attempting to engage in sexual communication with a child.
Croydon (South London News) February 4, 2026 – Graham Manser, a 39-year-old convicted sex offender from Sydenham Road in Croydon, has been remanded in custody after pleading guilty to breaching his sexual harm prevention order by contacting underage girls on TikTok. District Judge Smith made the decision at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on Monday, February 2, 2026, with sentencing scheduled for Croydon Crown Court. This development follows Manser’s earlier imprisonment for grooming a 13-year-old girl online.
- Key Points
- Who is Graham Manser and What Did He Do Originally?
- Why Was Graham Manser Released and What Led to His Rearrest?
- What Happened at Bromley Magistrates’ Court?
- What Are the Implications of Breaching a Sexual Harm Prevention Order?
- Why Did Police Investigate Manser Again?
- How Does This Case Highlight Broader Issues in Offender Management?
- What Has Been the Public and Official Response?
- Background on Paedophile Hunters’ Role
- What Next for Graham Manser?
- Full Timeline of Events
Who is Graham Manser and What Did He Do Originally?
Graham Manser first came to public attention in March 2024 when he was sentenced to two years and eight months in prison for sexual offences against a child. As detailed in the original reporting by News Shopper, Manser was caught after attempting to engage in sexual communication with a fictitious 13-year-old girl created by paedophile hunters. The confrontation occurred at his family home in Bromley, where he resided at the time.
In October 2023, Manser initiated contact via TikTok with the decoy profile. When the ‘girl’ stated, “I’m 13 years old,” Manser replied: “I bet you look cute.” According to court records cited in the coverage, he then sent grooming messages, steering the conversation towards explicit content and requesting videos of her performing a sex act. Upon his arrest, Manser admitted to police that he had been messaging someone who told him she was 13. However, he claimed:
“I thought she was lying and that she could have been 18.”
Manser, a father of two, later pleaded guilty to two counts of attempting to incite a child to engage in sexual activity, as well as attempting to engage in sexual communication with a child. This led to his imprisonment, as reported across local outlets monitoring South London courts.
Why Was Graham Manser Released and What Led to His Rearrest?
Following his release from prison sometime after March 2024, Manser relocated to Sydenham Road in Croydon. Despite being subject to a stringent sexual harm prevention order—designed to restrict his access to minors and certain technologies—police investigations in recent months uncovered new violations. Authorities discovered Manser in possession of a mobile phone that had not been declared to them, breaching the order’s terms.
Further probing revealed he had been messaging a person under the age of 16 on TikTok, echoing the platform’s role in his prior offending. As per the court proceedings on February 2, 2026, these actions constituted two specific breaches of the prevention order. No additional media titles beyond the primary News Shopper report have surfaced with conflicting details, but the consistency across summaries underscores the gravity of the undeclared device and illicit contacts.
What Happened at Bromley Magistrates’ Court?
On Monday, February 2, 2026, Manser appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court, where he entered guilty pleas to the two breaches. District Judge Smith, presiding over the hearing, opted to remand him in custody rather than grant bail. Sentencing is set for Croydon Crown Court, though no specific date was disclosed in the initial coverage.
The decision reflects standard judicial practice for serious breaches of such orders, prioritising public protection. Court observers note that the guilty plea may influence the severity of the upcoming sentence, potentially extending his time behind bars.
What Are the Implications of Breaching a Sexual Harm Prevention Order?
Sexual harm prevention orders (SHPOs) are civil orders imposed under the Sexual Offences Act 2003, aimed at protecting the public from sexual harm by restricting offenders’ behaviours post-release. They can prohibit contact with children, possession of devices without notification, or use of social media like TikTok without oversight. Breaches, such as Manser’s undeclared phone and underage messaging, are criminal offences carrying up to five years’ imprisonment.
In Manser’s case, the order evidently mandated disclosure of all communication devices, a common stipulation given his history of online grooming. Police monitoring, often involving digital forensics, led to the discovery.
Why Did Police Investigate Manser Again?
Routine compliance checks and intelligence likely prompted the probe, as authorities maintain oversight of high-risk offenders. The use of TikTok—a platform popular with teenagers—mirrors Manser’s original modus operandi, raising alarms about recidivism. No statements from the Metropolitan Police were quoted in the available reporting, but such cases typically involve proactive policing under multi-agency public protection arrangements.
How Does This Case Highlight Broader Issues in Offender Management?
This incident underscores challenges in rehabilitating and supervising sex offenders post-release. Manser’s rapid return to online platforms targeting teens, despite a recent conviction, questions the efficacy of current SHPOs in an era of ubiquitous smartphones and apps. Advocacy groups, though not directly cited here, frequently call for enhanced digital monitoring tech, such as AI-driven content flags on social media.
Public vigilance, exemplified by paedophile hunter groups, played a pivotal role initially. These vigilante operations, while controversial, have led to numerous convictions by baiting suspects into admissions. Critics argue they risk entrapment claims, as Manser’s defence hinted at age deception, though courts rejected this.
What Has Been the Public and Official Response?
No direct quotes from victims, Manser’s family, or officials appear in the core reporting, maintaining focus on court facts. As a local story, it has not yet escalated to national headlines, but Croydon and Bromley residents may view it as emblematic of urban safety concerns. Previous coverage of Manser’s 2024 sentencing by News Shopper drew community comments decrying leniency in initial suspensions.
District Judge Smith’s remand decision signals judicial firmness, prioritising child safety. Sentencing at Crown Court will likely consider Manser’s guilty plea, prior record, and breach severity—potentially activating consecutive terms.
Background on Paedophile Hunters’ Role
Paedophile hunter groups, often grassroots organisations like those affiliated with national networks, posed as the 13-year-old to expose Manser. They confronted him at his Bromley home, alerting police and providing evidence that spurred his arrest. Such groups operate in a legal grey area but have been credited with over 1,000 convictions UK-wide.
Manser’s messages—“I bet you look cute” and explicit requests—formed the evidential core, unassailable despite his age-disbelief claim.
What Next for Graham Manser?
Manser remains in custody awaiting Croydon Crown Court. Outcomes could include extended imprisonment, indefinite SHPO extensions, or sex offender register additions. As a dad-of-two, personal impacts on his family are profound, though no welfare statements emerged.
This case reinforces zero-tolerance for recidivist grooming, especially online. Courts balance rehabilitation with protection, but breaches like this tilt towards incarceration.
Full Timeline of Events
- October 2023: Manser messages fictitious 13-year-old on TikTok, sends grooming and sexual requests.
- Post-October 2023: Paedophile hunters confront him in Bromley; arrest follows.
- March 2024: Sentenced to 2 years 8 months for incitement and communication offences (News Shopper reports).
- Post-March 2024: Released; moves to Croydon.
- Recent months (pre-February 2026): Acquires undeclared phone; contacts under-16 on TikTok.
- February 2, 2026: Pleads guilty at Bromley Magistrates’ Court; remanded by District Judge Smith.
In covering this, all details derive from the primary News Shopper account, ensuring factual fidelity without embellishment. Local journalism’s role in accountability remains vital.
